In the second session from the TAVI Round Table Discussion, the assembled panel of internationally-recognised opinion leaders discuss planning the procedure.
Designed to support the continuous education of practicing physicians, this second session shares leading opinion and addresses the following questions and key educational objectives:
- Assessment: Imaging and investigations
- Should trans-femoral be the default access route?
- General anaesthetic or sedation; TOE or ICE?
- Closure device or surgical cut down?
The panel for this session comprises:
- Simon Kennon (Chair), London Chest Hospital, UK
- Jonathan Byrne, King’s College Hospital, London, UK
- Enrico Ferrari, Cardiovascular Surgery Department, University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Carlos Ruiz, Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute of New York, US
- Lars Søndergaard, Rigshospitalet Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
- Corrado Tamburino, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Radcliffe Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology Review extend their thanks to all panel members.